Academic Credit Opportunities for El Camino Students
El Camino Course Offering
- Book-based and internet-based options
- College Prep Classes
- Select Honors and Advanced Placement Courses (teacher permission needed)
Ventura College Classes (Middle College Academy)
- Build high school and college transcript.
- College courses come back to high school transcript at an accelerated rate.
- Select college classes can be used to fulfill high school graduation and/or A-G requirements.
- El Camino students enroll for classes before students from all other high schools.
- El Camino students do not pay college tuition. They do pay student fees (currently maximum of $32 each semester) and for books.
- Students may work toward AA, completion of general studies requirements, completion of transfer requirements, while in high school.
- Students are involved in Community Service Opportunities all over the county and earn credit for their hours.
- Working students (requires work permit) may earn credit for working and completing the requirements of the work experience class.
- Get involved in student government. Provide service to your school and community.
Independent Study PE
- Utilize community based opportunities to earn PE credit. Must be pre-approved.
- Organizations must meet criteria and provide mandatory documentation.
- Any cost is the responsibility of parent/guardian.
- Students have the option of taking PE at Ventura College if PE credit is needed.
Multi-site at VUSD Comprehensive High School
- Foreign Language, Drama, Music, etc. Requires permission of both ECHS and boundary school.
- Sports (must be at boundary school in student’s home district and may be used for PE credit). Requires permission of both ECHS and boundary school.
- Provides opportunities for students to participate in special projects or experiences such as an internship at CAPS TV, or in the pre-engineering program at the Navy base.